1. “Why Is the Product So Brown”? .... This development was one of the most technologically advanced discoveries we made with this product, in that we found that this color pigment finally eliminated any streaking. Our customers can be ‘in control’ of their product as they see it go right onto their skin. IMPORTANT NOTE: This color is neither a stain nor a dye, but it is a naturally based organic color pigment that is temporary. (The DHA is what is actually tanning your body, while the color is for application purpose only).
2. “Will it stain my clothing or other items?”........NO! Since color pigment is not a stain or dye, it will wash out of any synthetic material. Many of our focus groups included testing such items and the results found that it could be treated even easier than your average make-up collar that when thrown in the wash it is easily removed. (No need for special fabric treatments, etc.)
3. “How long does it last?”......This is one of our favorite questions! Because we often boast on the fact that you should only apply our product once or twice a week on average! Of course, you will find your own maintenance schedule. Remember that you’re the one in control and you can deepen your tan by applying more or less as desired.
4. “Does it wash off?”....NO! Remember the guide color is for application and we actually recommend that you rinse this off the next morning after your nightly application. The unique ingredient Dihydroxyacetone (DHA) is what is creating a real tan on your skin's surface, so just like a tan from the sun that will not wash off, neither will this new product with its new breakthrough formulation!
NOTE: DHA is not permanent, so it will fade just as any suntan does, which is why a weekly application is recommended to continue to maintain your tan.
5. “Does your product have any Sunscreen or SPF?”....No, but we recommend using your favorite sun block.
6. “What about swimming with the product”?.......Again, we emphasize that this product fades but doesn’t wash off. The very best results we have ever seen is with those who follow our instructions and apply the product at night and shower the next morning. Obviously, you wouldn’t swim right after application of the product, since this would simply be wasting your product. So swim after your morning rinse!
7. “Are there any harmful effects of this product”?....Any Dermatologist will be much happier to see you use a dihydroxyacetone formulation to create a tan vs. baking for prolonged hours in the sun! Our product has no animal testing, first because our company members feel very conscientious about that and second, because we are not dealing with harmful ingredients that would require extensive testing. We feel we have the most natural based product to promote healthy skin.
8. “How long does it take to dry?”......The level of moisture in each skin type varies greatly, but in general we have found a 5-10 minute period.